I know there are a lot of bloggers out there who post their actual net worth values and I enjoy following their progress. I will continue to post just percentages for now but this may change in the future.
- Cash – 1.06% of assets (-0.08%)
- Savings – 20.60% of assets (-2.89%)
- US cash account – 14.97% of assets (-0.24%)
- Investments (Stocks) – 45.60% of assets (3.22%)
- Investments (Other) – 18.89% of assets (+0.08%)
Total Net Worth: +1.65%
I know it’s a lot of numbers, but it is interesting to me to see how things are moving. The increase is mainly due to how well the stock market performed in January.
- I made my TFSA contribution for 2012!
- As a result of not earning an income last year, I am not eligible to make a RRSP contribution. With no contribution room carried forward, any contributions I make this year will be to my non-registered accounts. The added complexity of this is determining which investments to shield within an RRSP and which ones to purchase within a non-registered account. Cost will also be a factor as I invest in ETFs, which have transaction costs whenever you buy or sell.
How was the start of the year for you financially? Are you on track for your financial goals thus far?
I need your help! As this is a new blog, please spread the word on Facebook, Twitter, or email the link to a friend or family member. Thanks for the support!